Here's some rare Chicago jazz:
The Seymour record label was terribly short-lived even for a small independent. Four releases were done between August and December 1950: Seymour CR26671/2, Seymour CR26673/4, Seymour 98, and Seymour 99. A fifth release, on Seymour 1, was recorded in June or July of 1951 and probably released in July of that year. A sixth 78 on Seymour 95 was planned in 1950 but did not materialize. That was all.
The record company was an outgrowth of Seymour's Record Mart (439 South Wabash), a shop specializing in jazz and blues records. It was located in the famed Auditorium Building in Chicago's Loop. The shop was owned by Seymour Schwartz, who as a jazz cornet and trumpet player and a composer of songs was something of a musician himself.